This recipe is perfect to make where you’re on the go and outside of your house at lunch time and just want to cook something easy, quick, tasty and healthy. You can make this vegan, vegetarian. There is no added sugar and because the base is quinoa it’s gluten free as well.Which makes this recipe a good alternative if you want to prepare this for a picnic or a regular meal with people with various eating preferences.
- 80 g quinoa
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon of canned chickpeas
- 2 tablespoon of almonds
- 2 tablespoon of canned mung bean sprouts
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 green pepper
- 1 handful of salad leaves
- optional : 2 tablespoons of canned tuna
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- half a teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon or garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa in boiling water on a low heat until the entire water is soaked by the grains so about 10 minutes.
- Slice your green pepper and cook it in a pan with olive oil for about 5-8 minutes
- Prepare the vegetables : slice the tomato, the avocado, make slings of the carrot, diced the red onion and roughly chop the almonds.
- Pour the quinoa on the bottom of the bowl. Place on top all the vegetables.
- At this point you can add your meat, fish or egg option.
- Make your vinaigrette by mixing all the ingredients together and pour it on top of the quinoa and vegetables.
- You can eat this quinoa earth bowl cold or warm according to your preference.
Let me know if you tried this or if you’ll in the future. Bon appetit and have a nice day!